From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Express VI configure not "sticking"

I am making an express VI for a dialog box.  When I configure it, most settings are not "sticking," i.e. I set them, hit OK, and the Configure panel closes.  When I try to run the VI, the changes I had made are not there, and re-opening the Configure panel, shows most changes are not sticking.  A previous iteration of this worked fine, as do similar Express VIs.  Attached is the VI in a package that can be installed to LV2016 and later.  The only control that sticks is "Scale."  All others do not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,257 Views)

If it is just the VI, with the Dialog Box express VI, you can just attach that.

As for your problem: Which settings are sticking and which get reset?

Remember Cunningham's Law
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,227 Views)

The only control that sticks (works correctly) is "Scale."  All others do not.  

Attached are the VIs, not in a package.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,219 Views)

I have created an Express VI from a VI.  I've spent the time to arrange my Configure Panel.  Now I made changes to the original VI.  How do I update my Express VI without re-making the whole Express VI?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,167 Views)

I think you are the first person I have ever come across to say they were making their own Express VI.  I knew it could be done, but it always seemed like it would be a lot of work to create.  The intended audience for Express VI's seems to be limited and is for people who want to write a program, without really trying to program.

Good luck!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,153 Views)

It is not to bad to create one, but a huge pain it the @$$ to make changes.  I never would use one, normally, but I made some specialty dialog boxes for someone else to use, so they could easily configure message, size, buttons, colors, etc.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,150 Views)