From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PWM

Hello NI community, I was working on a project using LabVIEW I used a code that I saw in NI Forum, and while modeling the thrusters of our AUV (Autonomous Underwater Vehicle). there is one block that I couldn't find it in the library if anyone knows how can I find it or has a block that can perform the same task please reply in the comments.

I'll attach the picture of the block I'm looking for. I'm searching for the blue block on the left exactly. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(1,707 Views)

It would help to include a link to the forum post where you saw it.

Are you talking about the dark blue subVI or something else?

Looks like a home-made subVI. It takes a single input (1500) and outputs a frequency and duty cycle.

From the description, it probably also scales something by 1M (input value in micro units to direct units?) but it is hard to verify without additional information.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(1,670 Views)

Here is the link:  https://forums.ni.com/t5/Showcasing-Student-Innovation/Search-and-Find-Autonomous-Underwater-Vehicle...

You will find it under "VI code snippets". 

Yes, I'm talking about the dark blue subVI, also by home-made do you mean that this block isn't available in LabVIEW? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(1,657 Views)

@Ahmed32 wrote:

Yes, I'm talking about the dark blue subVI, also by home-made do you mean that this block isn't available in LabVIEW? 

Thanks for the link. Since these images are LabVIEW snippets, you can download and drag the image into a compatible LabVIEW diagram (LabVIEW 2017 or higher in this case), and it will turn into code. Of course most subVIs are not found, but at least we can get the name of the VI.

altenbach_0-1600588145608.png

The bland icon and unusual filename makes me believe that is is a custom VI. Have you tried contacting the authors. The chances are near zero to recreate all this code from a few pictures.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(1,610 Views)

If you have a tutorial or a guideline on how to turn images to code that would be so helpful. 

I tried to reach out to the author, but I didn't get any reply I will try that again and I will inform you if I find any useful information. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(1,595 Views)

Hi Ahmed,

@Ahmed32 wrote:

If you have a tutorial or a guideline on how to turn images to code that would be so helpful.

1. Click the image to open it in the forum's image browser.
  2. Use the download button below the image to download it to your harddrive.
  3. Drag and drop the image file into the block diagram of you LabVIEW VI…
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(1,583 Views)

@Ahmed32 wrote:

You cannot turn images automatically into code, but if the image is a LabVIEW snippet, there is embedded metadata that contains the code.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(1,578 Views)

Thank you Very much, ill try to do that and I hope it works for my case. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(1,567 Views)

Thank you very much, ill try to figure it out. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(1,566 Views)