LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS3 controller

Solved!
Go to solution

i have a ps3 controller. i have dowloaded latest MotionJoy drivers to communicate with laptop.and it works fine with widows vista. however when i try to use labview to acquire input from the controller,it does not detect the controller.

why is labview not detecting the controller even thought i have placed all the right block diagrams to initialise joystick, acquire data, close,and i also tried the query input block diagram.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,136 Views)

Hello
Could you post some code, please?

Regards

Mondoni
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,116 Views)

i have attached the VI. 

1) it first tries to get the device id of the joystick.

2) then you can input that id and it should show the controller movement info.

but when i run this program,it does not even detect my controller. when i tried doing the same thing with mouse, it worked perfectly(with mouse block diagrams).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,096 Views)
Solution
Accepted by zee20

Hi Zee20, Welcome to the NI discussion forums!

While I'm not familiar with the motioninjoy drivers for PC. I believe the PS3 controller must be detected in the "devices and printers" (Windows 7) or "game controllers" (XP) first before it can be seen in LabVIEW. Is this the case? If not, MotionInJoy should be configured in a "local" offline mode instead of over the internet.

Regards,

Ben Clark
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,064 Views)

Hi Zee20

I found a DualShock 3 controller so thought I'd play around with this to see what I could get from using these drivers. If you're using MotionInJoy I have made a community example containing subVIs which you can use in your own projects to gain full control of your controller.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-29627

Regards,

Ben Clark
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,974 Views)