From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLC communication with LABView

Hi All,

I am getting an error while communicating Labview with my PLC (RTU-EN01) through MODBUS as follows:

Error Code:- 1967353902

"The Modbus I/O server failed to receive any response from the Modbus slave device. Ensure that  the Modbus slave device works properly and that the connection between the Modbus master and  slave devices is configured correctly"

I have configured the below mentioned configuration for MODBUS:-

Delta PLC (RTU-EN01) IP Address - 168.192.1.5

Delta PLC (RTU-EN01) Subnet Mask - 255.255.255.0

IP Address of the PC(in which Labview Application is running) - 192.168.1.3

Subnet Mask of the PC(in which Labview Application is running) - 255.255.255.0

And in Configure I/O Server, i have configure the IP Address as - 168.192.1.5

I am following this tutorial for the communication between my PLC & Labview through MODBUS http://www.ni.com/tutorial/13911/en/

Pls help me out in locating where i am going wrong as i am interfacing PLC for the first time

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(5,591 Views)

Do you get a response if you move you PC and PLC onto the same subnet?

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(5,563 Views)

Dushy@11 wrote:

Hi All,

I am getting an error while communicating Labview with my PLC (RTU-EN01) through MODBUS as follows:

Error Code:- 1967353902

"The Modbus I/O server failed to receive any response from the Modbus slave device. Ensure that  the Modbus slave device works properly and that the connection between the Modbus master and  slave devices is configured correctly"

I have configured the below mentioned configuration for MODBUS:-

Delta PLC (RTU-EN01) IP Address - 168.192.1.5

Delta PLC (RTU-EN01) Subnet Mask - 255.255.255.0

IP Address of the PC(in which Labview Application is running) - 192.168.1.3

Subnet Mask of the PC(in which Labview Application is running) - 255.255.255.0

And in Configure I/O Server, i have configure the IP Address as - 168.192.1.5

It looks like you are using a Class C Private IP Address starting with 192.168.x.x.  These are typically used for "private" networks.  I notice that your PC is in this address space, yet you show the I/O Server and the Delta PLC IP Address as 168.192.1.5.  Could you perhaps have made a mistake, either in writing this note or in setting the IP Addresses?  If you are using a Private Network, make the address 192.168.1.5 and see if that fixes things.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(5,551 Views)

The IP Address which i configured was 192.168.1.5 only. I wrote it mistakenly here.

I tried today also but still getting the same error. Pls help me out and suggest where i am going wrong.

Thanks in advance

Dushyant 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(5,494 Views)
What version of LabVIEW and DSC module do you have installed?
-I have found this related your error:
430776 Error -1967353902 occurs when you use serial ports other than COM1 for Modbus
Source: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/4ebbbc280eea0b7286257cdd000d8508
-So may be can you try connecting to COM1 and see if you still get same error?
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(5,478 Views)

I am using ETHERNET MODBUS for the communication and I am using version 2012 for labview and DSC Module.

When i am interfacing the PLC with its own Software, it is connecting OK

This test bench comes with the executable file developed by the vendor and it is working fine. But i need to do some changes in the software, so for that i have to develop the source code again

and for that i want Labview to communicate with the PLC.

Pls help me in fixing the problem. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(5,462 Views)

I am still stuck with the same problem. Pls help me out

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(5,407 Views)

Hi Dushy,

if the DSC Modbus doesn't seem to work, I would try to use this library (although DSC is most of the time a better solution).

Apart from this, here are some hints:

- make sure the software provided by the vendor is not running (check any services etc. that might be working in the background),

- disable all network adapters apart from the one you use for communication (WiFi etc.),

- use a network analyzer (like TCPView) to check what is happening.

If you still can't figure it out I suggest you contact NI support directly.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(5,397 Views)

Hello Stockson

Thanks for the reply.

Before i proceed to work out on the suggestions you suggested, Pls confirm me what should i have to fill in the  Address coloumn under Communication Settings in the image attached

In the IP address coloumn i have given the IP address of my  PLC (MODBUS SLAVE)

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(5,379 Views)

The same as the value of the BR#6 in your PLC (basic register 6, http://www.deltaww.com/filecenter/Products/Download/06/060305/Manual/DELTA_IA-PLC_RTU-EN01_OM_EN_200... page 9).

By default it is 1, so I don't see any need to change it.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(5,364 Views)