LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PID Problem

I am attempting to control 20 solar lights to achieve a certain temperature profile in an automobile. The feedback is achieved by 32 thermocouples positioned on the vehicle (obviously not necessarily under a solar light, and they are dependent on each other)
I am wondering if anyone has tried something like this in the past. I figure if I read my temperature and pass these values to a sequence, I can perform a PID operation on a light for a certain amount of time (about 30 seconds per light), then on to the next via this sequence, and so on up to 20 lights. Is this a good idea or trouble?
I'm not sure if this needs more clarification, but help is definatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Will
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,321 Views)
If you want to control 20 lights by 32 thermocouples do it in a while loop that is run each second or faster.
Read the temperatures, control each light (remembering I and D influences for each light)and start again. Try to evenly space all controls in time. So don't spend 30 seconds to one light then 30 seconds to the other one but spend 0.1 sec to each more often.
greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,321 Views)
Albert,
Thanks for your reply. I see what you mean by the time. However, I am also trying to minimize the number of calls to the PID VI.
My main question is that if putting the PID VI's in a sequence structure with 20 frames (for 20 lights) and performing the PID operation inside a while loop in each frame. Is this a good way of going about it, or should I just make 20 calls to the PID VI? I am attaching the main VI so that you can see what I mean. The calculations are wrong... I still have to figure them out, but the method is my main concern. Sorry for the lack of documentation in the code.
Thanks.
Will
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,321 Views)