LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF to TXT file or Excel

Hello all,

I am trying to do some automation for converting PDF to TXT or Excel.

is it possible to do it in LabView ? if so how ?

please help me to get out off this

Thank you

regards, Vinay

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,602 Views)

You'd probably best look at PDFsharp. It's a .net interface, so if it can do this (I think it can) it's probably not that hard to make it in LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,601 Views)

I am getting daily 10 to 15 PDF document which I want to copy to excel and it will take nearly 45 to 60 minutes to copy text from PDF to excel

so I want to do automation to convert PDF to txt. file

can we do it in LabView ? if yes, can you please guide me ?

Kind Regards

Vinay  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,551 Views)

@Vinaygowda wrote:

can we do it in LabView ? if yes, can you please guide me ?

Yes, I think that can be done in LabVIEW. One way or the other...

You'd have to learn at least the basics of LabVIEW. Then, learn basic .NET in LabVIEW, then try PDFSharp...

We can guide you, but unless somebody has a PDF to Excel VI laying around and willing to post it, you'd have to make a start\effort.

This little project will be days of work even for experienced people, and most of us have work to do.

Note that PDFs are very tricky. Even simple text can be rendered in an unlimited number of ways. The order of characters, the encoding of characters, the encoding of the use font that can be embedded or not, the number of variations is infinite... It will depend very much on the PDF what the results will be.

BTW, you might not even need LabVIEW. You could go command line\batch file... Or call the command line from LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,540 Views)

for your information I have 1 year of experience in LabView Coding

I will try once and is it required any additional license form LabView ?

Looking forward fro your support

Have a nice day

Regards

vinay

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,535 Views)

It's all standard available in LabVIEW. You do need to download and install the software of course.

Personally, I'd start with exploring the command line tool, from the command line. It will be less flexible than a custom .net application, but if it does the job, you'd be done in a few hours...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,522 Views)

You could take a look at this solution (jcarmody):

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/read-text-from-pdf/m-p/2585419?profile.language=en

If I was you, I would forget iTextSharp.  I never was able to do a good job to convert PDF to text file, but I never worked with release 5 and over.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,516 Views)

@J-Mv2 wrote:

If I was you, I would forget iTextSharp.  I never was able to do a good job to convert PDF to text file, but I never worked with release 5 and over.

Who mentioned iTextSharp?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,501 Views)

Is using LabVIEW a requirement?

There are many programs available where you won't need any prgramming. 

https://www.pdfexcelconverter.com/ and many others you can find with google.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,497 Views)

Oups, my error...

To much time working with iTextSharp....

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,485 Views)