LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDA Bluetooth Windows Mobile 5

I have just finished developing a PDA application using LV PDA 8.20 for my HP iPAQ running Windows Mobile 2003. The application uses Bluetooth to communicate with a device and all runs well.

I have just ordered a new HP iPAQ running Windows Mobile 2005 and loaded my software onto it along with the 3 Bluetooth dlls required:
BtCoreIf.dll
BtSdkCE30.dll
LVBtw.dll

When I run the software and try to discover devices, I get the following error: Bt Discovery Error code: 2. I have Bluetooth turned on.

Has anybody else experienced anything similar?

Thanks

ssk
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(11,715 Views)
I have got it working!

The instructions in LV say install:

BtCoreIf.dll
BtSdkCE30.dll
LVBtw.dll

But there is a
BtSdkCE50.dll already on Mobile 5, I assume the older version was confusing it. Just using LVBtw.dll and the existing (newer) dlls did the trick.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(11,713 Views)
Well, I thought I had cracked this..............!

My software now starts ok and discovers Bluetooth devices. Soon after discovering a device and the operator selecting the desired one, the software hangs.

This works fine on Mobile 2003 but not on Mobile 5.

I have recompiled the software and chosen the target device to be Mobile 5.

I have read bits and pieces about extra software being installed for Mobile 5. I have installed EVC 4.

PDA version is 8.20

I cannot see anyway of changing the processor type in the build definition, it defaults to ARM. My iPAQ hx2100 has a PXA270 (is this ARM compatible as far as LV is concerned?).

Any help gratefully received!

ssk
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(11,624 Views)
Now solved!

I had a problem with a text file that the pda saves to that did not manifest itself on the other pda. Code improved to remove blank lines from the file.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(11,615 Views)