LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output continuous data (temperature, voltage etc) from Compactrio to CSV file

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi I am new to this and I want to output various machining parameters to readable data (excel). I tried to follow one of the sample but do not understand why it cannot work with the data generated for my case. The csv file was auto-created with values for the sample vi but mine was not created. Please help.

Jvalour_0-1577428348990.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,966 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jvalour

Hi Jvalour,

@Jvalour wrote:

I tried to follow one of the sample but do not understand why it cannot work with the data generated for my case. The csv file was auto-created with values for the sample vi but mine was not created.

Your cRIO is surely able to create CSV files - but you need to provide a file path available/accessable to your cRIO!

It surely CANNOT write a file to your PC harddrive as it is a computer of its own…

Did you even tried to debug your VI? Did you get any errors? Which errors did you get?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,838 Views)

If you want files to be generated on your PC, then you need to have the cRIO send the data to the PC.  This requires a host VI to be created that can receive the cRIO data and log it.  I recommend using the TCP/IP functions for this communication.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,824 Views)

Hi GerdW

Yes your reply reminded me that the data may be stored in cRIO and when I checked, all the data has all along been there since my first test. I used MAX to find these files which later I added the cRIO network to my windows explorer to better manage the data files. Thank you for your prompt reply and great insight!

Cheers

Jvalour

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,357 Views)

Hi crossrulz

Thank you for your input! Your suggestion should work too but I managed to access the cRIO files through another way. I used the NI Max to access them. 

Cheers

Jvalour

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,353 Views)