From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output Integrated Error and Derivative Action from Multi-Channel PID.vi

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I'm building a program that uses the PID controller VI from the toolkit. I'd like to be able to plot the integrated error and derivative action in real-time while the operator tunes the control loops. I've managed to do this with a DBL instance of the PID.vi by modifying the subvi code slightly and adding output terminals for the integrated error and derivative action within the subvi (see below). The issue is that when I try to use the array instance of the sub VI (I have seven control loops) I can't find the integrated error or derivative action anywhere inside the sub VI. Does anyone know whether it is possible to find these or is it possible to calculate them separately? If there is no way to do it I will just have to use a PID.vi in a for loop.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

modifiedPID.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,190 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author GrassNinja

Hi Ninja,

first open the context help window.

Then move your mouse over the subVIs inside the PID-Advanced (DBL Array) block diagram to identify the things you look for!

There are just 4 subVIs to calculate error, P, I and D action - and all relevant information is stored in shift registers…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,179 Views)

Hi GerdW,

Thanks for your response. That has solved my problem!

Kind Regards,

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,155 Views)