From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organize block diagram

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everybody,

I made a VI to process special tiff images (32bit gray-scale) used in my experiments.

The VI works perfect but the block diagram looks so messy.

I attached my VI and the sample tiff images.

Do you have any suggestions to make the block diagram look better?

Best,

Xiang

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,905 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Xiang00

I just looked at the top level VI. A couple of feedback points:

- Use a state machine architecture instead of a sequence structure. This makes the diagram to require less space

- Put code into subVIs. This is rather easy as long as the code does not connect to UI controls directly (terminal, property node, event structure)

- In case use Diagram Cleanup tool. Please note that you can restrict it to certain area of code by selecting a segment of code (e.g. a case of a case structure). Running it on the complete diagram can lead to unexpected positioning which might not increase readability

To be fair: We have seen much worse. However, size is really an issue for your diagram!

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 2 of 3
(2,847 Views)

Thank you very much for the reply.

State machine is a nice suggestion. I knew this approach but I never come up to use it in this vi.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,797 Views)