LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optimal mouse for using LabVIEW?

Have you tried Logitech master? A little more convenient for me

Main wheel switches between free spinning to increments automatically (also can be assigned to the button). That is even better!

Extra buttons (3 + separate horizontal scroll + panning).

Also large and comfortable.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 31
(1,152 Views)

Word of caution in the free spinning wheel mode with multiple monitors or windows open.

If you give the wheel a good spin then cursor over to a menu bar or ribbon it can scramble up the application menu appearance pretty badly. Had a few WTH experiences until I figured out what was going on.

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 31
(1,144 Views)

Just saw the Logitech MX Master is on sale for $50 on Amazon.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 31
(1,106 Views)

Hooovahh wrote:

Also on the subject of ergonomics, I've been using a split keyboard for a while now and enjoy it.  It is the Kinesis Freestyle2, with VIP3 adapter.  Basically the two halves of the keyboard can be 10 inches apart, with a wrist rest, and lifting on one edge.  It throws other people for a loop trying to use it but I like being able to have my hands more separated.  That being said it is pretty expensive for a non-mechanical keyboard.

On the subject of my split keyboard, Kinesis now makes a split gaming mechanical keyboard with cherry switches, basic lighting, profiles, and macro capability for what sounds like every key on the keyboard (allowing function, shift, and control modifiers).  Saw the youtube review here yesterday.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 31
(1,019 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

Just saw the Logitech MX Master is on sale for $50 on Amazon.

I just ordered one Logitech MX Master here on the German amazon now. Looks much comfortable than what I have now!

I have a Logitech MX Anywhere 2 mouse, and since it is a "laptop mouse", way too small. I have small palms, but even so I do not find this mouse comfortable, either it is out of my palm ahead, or I have to bend up my fingers on the buttons, which gives bad tension at my wrist 😞

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 31
(997 Views)

I got today the MX Master. I love it! 🙂

Message 26 of 31
(978 Views)

For keyboards, the Kinesis Advantage is also pretty nice.

Sam Taggart
CLA, CPI, CTD, LabVIEW Champion
DQMH Trusted Advisor
Read about my thoughts on Software Development at sasworkshops.com/blog
GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 31
(913 Views)

@techie566 wrote:

Considering LabVIEW's demands, I recommend the Logitech MX Master 3, Razer DeathAdder Elite, Corsair Dark Core RGB/SE, SteelSeries Rival 600, and the Microsoft Precision Mouse. Each excels in precision and functionality. Check them out for an enhanced LabVIEW experience! For more curated lists and features Visit the Best collections of mouses under $100.

Delete this ad.

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 31
(144 Views)

Fun to revisit a post from 7 years ago.  Took a moment to reminisce to myself where I was at the time.

Anyways, 7 years ago I highly endorsed the Logitech Performance MX.  Over the span of 7 years, this mouse has been discontinued and greatly improved upon to bring us the Logitech MX Master 3.  Which I highly recommend to any and all LabVIEW developers. 

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 31
(137 Views)

Ah memories.  

I'm still using the very same Evoluent Vertical mouse I got....12 years ago?  

I've replaced the left contact switch a few times now, but otherwise it been great.  

---------------------
Patrick Allen: FunctionalityUnlimited.ca
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 31
(106 Views)