LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening an executable does reset all instruments linked by GPIB

When opening an LV7.0 executable on a PC linked to others instruments by GPIB interface, it does reset all instruments linked by GPIB to this PC.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,289 Views)
Quimper,

Is this a bad thing?  You really didn't state a question or problem.  Tell us a little bit more and I am sure someone will be able to help.
However, this was probably programmed to happen when the executable was made and to change it you would need to edit the LabVIEW code. 

Brian
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,288 Views)

I would prefer not to have this GPIB reset: in the executable, I do not pilot the GPIB instruments by soft. I  only program on the bench those instruments manually. I would like to understand how this reset does happen.

I did have access to the source code, so I can change the code.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,279 Views)

I did find the issue !

In Measure & Automation Explorer, I have modified the VISA options (Tools --> NI-VISA ) :

I have deselected "Auto Final" and "Retry after failure" in Visa settings.

Thanks a lot for your very quick answer.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,274 Views)
This would not be the correct way to fix this, if you have access to the code fix it there if you do not want this functionality. In the code there should be an initialize vi for each instrument. On the initialize vi there should be a setting for reset just set it to false because someone has set it to true. this will only work though if you have access to the code. 

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
Message 5 of 5
(2,268 Views)