LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening LabVIEW project modifies VI

It appears that the problem continues with the new .vi.  

My best guess is that something about the (cast) To More Specific Class is causing this issue for me:

argolds_0-1602771200802.png

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 23
(643 Views)

I agree that this is an issue with working with SCC like git.  We were wondering how to get around this as well. We are using bitbucket with Gitkraken as the interface but having the .lvproj file change each time you open it even without modifications is annoying. Thankfully you can just discard changes.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 23
(560 Views)

@nibuddy1777 wrote:

I agree that this is an issue with working with SCC like git.  We were wondering how to get around this as well. We are using bitbucket with Gitkraken as the interface but having the .lvproj file change each time you open it even without modifications is annoying. Thankfully you can just discard changes.

Have you actually compared with what's in the repo to see what's changed?  I've found often that dependencies will change, especially if you are mixing VIs from different versions.  Or somtimes there are NO changes - LabVIEW just felt like it needed to change something, but it's identical except for the mod date.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 23
(543 Views)