LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening Excel2000 Labview.exe generated errors

I am trying to generate an Excel speadsheet to report test results with LabVIEW 6 and Excel 2000 on a Windows 2000 machine. The LV 6 Excel library distributed by NI has an "excel open.vi" which causes LabVIEW to crash. The error message is "Labview.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. Error log is being created." Is this because of WIN2K or Excel 2K? What do I need to do to use Excel?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,315 Views)
What I suspect is that the VI has an automation open that refers to an older version of Excel. Right click on it to get the Select ActiveX Class and then browse for your Excel 2000. I can't confirm the problem since I don't have Excel 2000. You may also need to change some of the properties and methods if Micrsoft changed anything.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,315 Views)
I have the same configuration as you do in my computer with everything working fine, except for one thing, I have the update of LabVIEW 6.0.2, so I will recommend you three things in order to fix this issue:

1. Get the update for LabVIEW (www.ni.com >> Software Downloads >> Drivers and Updates >> Current Software Versions >> LabVIEW >> Select the update for your system, please follow all the instructions for installation. Reboot the computer after installation and try the example again.

2. Try the examples that I'm sending to you as attachment and also try the example for writing data to Excel which is located in the Help >> Examples... >> Communications >> ActiveX >> Write Table to Excel

3. Try reinstalling Excel or re-assigning the automation refn
um.

If you still found issues concerning this VI you may want to try to contact us directly and have a copy of the VI that is failing in order to test, you may find the information to reach us at www.ni.com/ask

Good luck!

Nestor Sanchez
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Nestor
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,315 Views)