cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open another VI as clone

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

Is there a way to open popup to the same VI as multiple clones from another VI?  If so, could someone please tell me how to do it?  Bonus if you provide example as version 8.6?

There are very few discussions found on this topic.  Those that I found, I wasn't able to run.  I'm kinda stuck on this bogus problem, so I would greatly appreciate if somone can put me back on track.

Thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,886 Views)
If I understand your premise and intent correctly, I believe that VI templates is what you are looking for. You can check the LabVIEW Help on how to create and use these.
Message 2 of 7
(2,869 Views)

Have you even tried to run my codes?  I don't think we're on the same page here.  This is no where to be found under help/example section.

Open A.vi, hit run then click on the "Open B" button and you'll see what I'd mean.  I want B to show as B (Clone:1), if I click on the button again, it should say B (Clone:2), B (Clone:3), etc....

I've tried everything and nothing work and I need to know how do you make reentrant work.

Message Edited by lavalava on 04-02-2010 10:39 PM
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,852 Views)

Here is that error, this happens whenever I click on "Open  B" button multiple times.   I

error.jpg

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,849 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author lavalava

Wire a constant 8 into the Open VI reference.  (Open up the detailed help for Open VI reference.)

Also, move your Open B boolean button inside the event structure for the OpenB value change event.

Also, create a Stop button and a value change event for that.  Use that to stop your master while loop.  Right now with that False constant, you are forced to abort your VI to get the A.vi to stop running.

Message Edited by Ravens Fan on 04-02-2010 11:49 PM
Message 5 of 7
(2,844 Views)

Raven,

Just curious, how come even after I enabled "Run when Opened" for B.vi.  I still couldn't get it to automatically run upon execution.  Is there another trick to this?

I've also made a small change to the codes but still no avail

Message Edited by lavalava on 04-03-2010 12:56 AM
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,823 Views)
Nevermind, I got it.  Thanks for all the helps guys.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,800 Views)