From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to confirm owner's phone number

hi

i hav done my SMS receive system, however i would like to select the phone number only for receive......

for example, my phone number is 12345678, i want only receive the message from this number only, other than that will be ignore.....

my VI is as shown below....

measage receive 1.JPG

meesage receive.JPG

could anybody please help me to edit the code to define the user's phone number......

best regard

kelvin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,044 Views)

What instrument are you using to read in the data from the phone?

It looks like you are doing a serial read, so all the computer would see is which COM port is in use.

Cory K
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,021 Views)

hi

yes, i'm using GSM modem connected by RS232 to the computer....

the receive message part has done as shown and it is work....

but i just wan to define the only certain phone number that defined will be read out, others will be ignore....

Any change shud be implement in my coding?

best regard

kelvin

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,998 Views)

When you recieve a message, are you able to detect the phone Number from which it came from? If yes, then:

1) look for the phone No. on the message,

2) compare it with a constant (which will be your phone No.)

3)If true, execute the rest of the code, if false then cancel.

If you want your code to be examend then best provide the VI, however, if your hardware cannot provide you with a phone number, then I don't see a way that you can filter the messages based on phone number.

Kas

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,983 Views)
In case you don't know where to look for phone number: http://www.developershome.com/sms/howToReceiveSMSUsingPC.asp
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,935 Views)