LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open MS Access from Labview- -Not a Connection to Access

Solved!
Go to solution

I want to open an Access DB from LabVIEW. I don't want to open a connection, I just want a button on the front panel that opens a specific Access DB file. I have a program that is reporting out information from this database, but I want to be able to open the database, make a change or updates, and then close the database. Update the form and poof, everything is up to date. I don't want to manipulate data from my program.

There has to be a way to open a database, right? I have searched on this subject, and I can not find a method that has worked for me to open a database.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,831 Views)

Have a look at the Database Connectivity Toolkit

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,824 Views)

But that is used to open a connection to Access. Not what I want to be doing. I want to click on the button and open a specific database. Like if I went into explorer and double clicked on the file and it opened in Access.

Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,818 Views)

I'm not sure if I really understand what you try to achieve. Do you want MS Access to start and then open the access db file? Or another Executable? In that case have a look at the System Exec VI

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,786 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,776 Views)

Your description is correct Jens. I have looked at the System Exec VI and I haven't gotten it to run or open the file I want it to open. I thought that should work too. Perhaps I need to just mess with it some more. 

Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,771 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author DMerchen

Example_VI.png

Am I missing something?  This'll open a particular Access database in Access.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 7 of 9
(3,749 Views)

Thank you for the example. I have been trying to figure this out, but I didn't think it would be this simple. I shall give this a go. Thanks!!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,731 Views)

Thanks! It was just too simple! I of course was overthinking it and trying too many different things. That space in between is critical as well!

Thanks again!

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,728 Views)