Open DMX to control RGB LED lights

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello again,

sorry here is the frontpanel-pic.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 37
(3,229 Views)

I am sorry, but I didnt find your pic of the control panel - only the front panel is there.

LabVIEW 2011
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 37
(3,222 Views)

Sorry,

i tought i posted them before.

best regards

Erik

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 37
(3,217 Views)

Hello

We are students working on a project and we have a USB dmx Pro (Enttec) and we will use 4 RGB COB LEDs serially. We want to program the USB interface to turn ON/OFF the lights and to select colors in very fast time.This should  be done with LabVIEW and Visa. Do you have any LabView examples/templates using Visa to control lights?

We have already intsalled the USB drivers (FTDI-its now a virtual COM Port) and checked the connection through NI MAX.

We dont know how to start and when to put the parameters (baudrate, strings,stopbits...).We are new in this field and we dont know many things in LabView( we read some examples but they didnt help us so much in our project).

The topic is also written here : http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/LabView-using-Visa-and-USB-interface-to-program-lighs/m-p/2844432#M8...

Any answers will be helpful.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 37
(3,038 Views)

Hello MAGI2,

Did you checked out the JPGs of emann posted above your post. They pretty much show all the details. Did you tried it out like in the example of emann? If not, than try it out first. Your first target is to light up the RGB somehow after a button klick.

LabVIEW 2011
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 37
(3,027 Views)

Just a note: this topic is also discussed in the German LabVIEW forum!

MAGI also provided a link to information for those DMX converters…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 37
(3,015 Views)

Hi Trinity,

i want to develope a dmx controller via ni9871.

Can i help me?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 37
(2,690 Views)

Sorry this is very old and I am extremely busy but wanted to at least give you something I eneded up getting to work for me.  I did not comment much of the code but basically you will have to look at the DMX protocol and look at what the initial handshake (not really handshake because one-way communication) requirements are and make sure the intial byte(s) are sent in the correct amount of time.  I do remember I had to use the first baud rate I think because it was a multiple of the baud rate required to initiate maybe because of the hardware I was using.  DMX is extremely fast communication (for serial).  The only other thing I remember is that it took some playing around with on the hardware I was communicating with and I had to make the array I was sending have a few initial values of 0 to get the addressing correct.  Once you set it up I suggest sending values to more than what you actually have because might be the same for you to figure out.  Sorry couldn't spend more time but wanted to at least try to give you a start as many people helped me on these forums.  Once I got everything tuned in this worked perfectly.

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 37
(2,676 Views)

I'm very happy for your answer.

I have a lot of questions, but if you are very busy, could you send me an example code.

Best Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 37
(2,664 Views)

I'have used this VI.

But don't work fine.

Could you help me?

Thanks a lot.

dmx.png

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 37
(2,631 Views)