From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Application Reference (Executable) Error 63 on executable's name change

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

I cannot figure out the folowing: I have an executable built with these lines in its .ini file: 

server.tcp.enabled=True
server.tcp.port=3369

Openning an application reference to this exe while it's running works fine (from the Development environment). But if I renameme the executable then the Open Application Reference gives error 63. How can I overcome this? Does the VI Server register the application path somewhere at first run or something similar?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,916 Views)

Serving a VI in a exe gets complicated and you have to have the right stuff in the ini file. look a the setting in your LabVIEW.ini file for the correct settings.

You also have to know the path of the target VI inside the exe.

A cut-n-paste from an ini file that worked for me is...

[AppName]
server.app.propertiesEnabled=True
server.tcp.acl="290000000A000000010000001D00000003000000010000002A10000000030000000000010000000000"
server.tcp.enabled=True
server.tcp.port=3364
server.tcp.serviceName="Appname"
server.vi.access="+...XXXYYY.vi"
server.vi.propertiesEnabled=True
WebServer.TcpAccess="c+*"
WebServer.ViAccess="+*"

If you can get it to work in development and copy the ini settings and get the path straight it should work. The path inside the exe may be your issue. As a quick test show the FP of your target VI and show its path. That should help.

Edit:

The "server.vi.access="+...XXXYYY.vi" in the above cut-n-paste is an edit that you need to replace with the fully qualified names of the target VIs.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,894 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ravyh

If it works with the exe before renaming it, you have to make sure that:

• you rename the .ini file according to the exe
  • you adapt the section name in the .ini file to the same name
  • if you run both applications (original and renamed) simultaneously you need to use different ports

Message 3 of 4
(3,874 Views)

Thank you both for replies!

That was a silly mistake: I forgot to rename the section name in the ini (in combination with having the same port set in the development.. which should of course be different)

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,825 Views)