LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offset nulling a task with multiple strain and non-strain channels

Greetings,

I have a DAQmx task with 24 channels in it.  12 of these are strain gages that I would like to perform an offset nulling on.  

I have looked at the documentation for the VI and it appears that this is possible.  But I do not understand how to add multiple channels to the Channel input of the VI.  

Is it actually possible to perform an offset nulling on more than one channel at the same time?  

I've noticed that this is not a quick procedure, so performing it 12 times sequentially would not be ideal.

Does anyone know how to null multiple channels at the same time?

Thanks very much.
---------------------
Patrick Allen: FunctionalityUnlimited.ca
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,289 Views)
pallen,

What VI are you referring to? Is it the Cont Acq Strain Samples (with Calibration).vi shipping example? This example is set up to read multiple channels and perform nulling already. Perhaps this KnowledgeBase article will help you out with DAQmx Channel Strings. Also, did you create this task programmatically, or in MAX? Please let us know a bit more about your application, and I will be more than happy to help.

Regards,
Ryan Verret
Product Marketing Engineer
Signal Generators
National Instruments
Message 2 of 4
(2,282 Views)
Thanks for your reply Ryan. 

I managed to figure out what needed yesterday with a little help from my friendly neighbourhood NI sales rep. 

Turned out I was 80% there.  I just didn't know how to select multiple channels as part of a task subset.

Now I do.  Smiley Happy
---------------------
Patrick Allen: FunctionalityUnlimited.ca
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,277 Views)
Glad to hear you got it working!
Ryan Verret
Product Marketing Engineer
Signal Generators
National Instruments
0 Kudos