From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arbitrary waveform is generated continuously

I have an NI-5411 Arbitrary Waveform Generator PCI board and I'm using LabVIEW 7.1. In my VI, after I create my arbitrary waveform, I call "niFgen Initiate Generation.vi" to generate my waveform and I can see my waveform is being generated. The trouble is that the waveform is continuously generated until I call "niFgen Abort Generation.vi". Even when I call the Abort function right after the Initiate function, my waveform is produced many times. I need my waveform to be generated one time only. That seems to be such a basic function but I could not find anything in the documentation to help me. How do I do that? Thanx.

Fataneh 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,233 Views)
Fatenah,

You need to use Single Trigger Mode on your 5411.  Do this by calling the niFgen Configure Trigger Mode.vi and specifying "Single" as opposed to the default "Continuous".  See the attached picture.

There is some great documentation on this in NI Signal Generators Help.
Start>>Programs>>National Instruments>>NI-FGEN>>Documentation>>NI Signal Generators Help.
Browse to Devices>>NI 5411>>Triggering>>Triggering Modes>>Single Trigger Mode.

You will probably want to add a DC stage at the end of your waveform, as the last stage will repeat continuously until the Abort is called.

Have a great day!
Travis W
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,223 Views)