From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Office 2007 Ribbon Bar and Icons in LabVIEW

Rolf,

Please read my original posting (and all of them).  You tell me if that's polite enough.

Perhaps I have a different perspective to you, and admittedly perhaps not the whole picture.

I am not happy when I don't get a response, because it is difficult then for me to make use of LabVIEW which I have invested vast amounts of my own time and money into.  I do not however take it out on anyone here, especially if they don't work for NI.

As a former AE for NI my understanding is that it is their responsibility to answer any questions, otherwise I can just hassle the local AE.  So when I get no response or resolution from NI then I am not happy with this; that is true.

I won't go into it anymore as I have work to do.  I don't think that I am being rude.  Don't take it personally, I try to make my questions interesting for everyone;-)

Battler.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 26
(3,752 Views)

To your question: Yes! 

Obviously a ribbon bar is a Tab-structure with all kinds of buttons arranged in a small upper portion of the Front panel. With basic LabView skills you can make a ribbon bar without Microsoft stuff. But you can costumize LV buttons with Office icons (and I do know how to costumize LV controls).

Did you ever asked Microsoft for a solution? Do you think you get an answer? Do you think you get an answer if you talk to them like in this forum?

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 26
(3,739 Views)

This question came up again in the UI Interest Group Community so I decided to take a second look at it.  Most of the effect can be easily recreated in LabVIEW if you think creatively:

LabVIEW Ribbon.png 

You can grab the code and images from here

~Simon 

Message 23 of 26
(3,630 Views)

Example code for adding Office 2007 Ribbon to LabVIEW Front panel. For details see blog post from Simon in the UI Interest Group Community.

Ribbon BD.png

--Karsten

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 26
(3,580 Views)

Thanks for posting the VI KvZ.

How/where do we get the RibbonControlsLibrary.dll?

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 26
(3,538 Views)

battler,

Check out this thread for the RibbonControlsLibrary.dll link:

http://decibel.ni.com/content/groups/ui/blog/2009/11/10/creating-an-office-2007-like-ribbon-in-labvi...

Matt

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 26
(3,511 Views)