LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd .NET Behavior

I'm getting some really odd behavior with a .NET control. The .NET driver (from Thor Labs) was first loaded on a different computer. My colleague created a LV example there, which works with the hardware. He then copied the LV example to the computer we are using for the project. The .NET is installed on this computer already as well. His example is in a project. When we open the project, then open the example, it loads the .NET instance without any problem. However, if I move the example to our main project, then open it, it fails to load the .NET object.

If I create a new VI in his project, then drop a .NET container, and browse for this object, it loads fine. If I create a new VI in a new project, or in our main project, and do the same thing, we get the error shown in the attached image.

How can the .NET load OK in one project but not another. The target in all projects is the same: "My Computer". I can't find anything else in his working project that differentiates it. The only other items in his project are three .dlls that from the .NET that are listed in Dependencies. When I drag his example from his project to our main project (or to a new project), those dependencies come along. But it won't open!

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

DaveT

-------------------------------------------------------------
David Thomson Original Code Consulting
www.originalcode.com
National Instruments Alliance Program Member
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified Embedded Systems Developer
There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(933 Views)

Are the DLLs stored alongside the example project file, but not the main project file?

This link (Loading .NET Assemblies) seems to say that if a VI is part of a project, then the expected path is next to the lvproj file.

I'd be tempted to say that LabVIEW is identifying they're needed (and perhaps also finding their paths) in the main project, but that the CLR doesn't find the assemblies when it searches to actually call the .NET node.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(869 Views)

Finally got back to working on this. Yes, that does seem to be the issue. Thanks! Now I just have to figure out how to arrange things so that we can use this .NET item within our existing project...

David Thomson Original Code Consulting
www.originalcode.com
National Instruments Alliance Program Member
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified Embedded Systems Developer
There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(841 Views)