From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OPC UA Polymorphic VI is broken

Running LV2017 and Installed the OPC UA toolkit.  Trying to set up a straightforward server and client to act as a simulator for the UUT I am developing tests for.  Simulator runs fine, but the 'Multiple Write.vi' is broken.  Of course the VI is password protected so can't determine why.  I see also that most/all of the vi's in the example project are broken in a similar manner.    

PS...i know you all prefer source code, but boss-man forbids.  Much appreciate any help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,202 Views)

Its a polymorphic VI,
so grab all of this instances of it and find out which one of them is broken - or if all are broken.
(You should be able to work out where it is on disk).
Test in previous and later versions of LabVIEW, to see why it's broken if its locked (and try contacting NI as I suspect they supplied it and locked it?)

CLD; LabVIEW since 8.0, Currently have LabVIEW 2015 SP1, 2018SP1 & 2020 installed
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,147 Views)

Turned out to be a corrupted installation package.  De-installed and re-installed and viola!  It works!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,125 Views)