From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OPC-UA Method Call

Hi everybody out there....

Does anybody know if it is possible to call a method using an OPC-UA Client (DSC module). I have to do this, but I cannot see any methods in the browser tool although there are some implemented in the node class (server side).

Regards

Thermo

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,800 Views)

Hello Thermo,

it seems that this feature is not implemented at the moment.

best regards
Alexander
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,751 Views)

Hello guys,

do you have an idea is such a feature has been implemented now?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,771 Views)

I have the same problem! Or does somebody know a work around to call OPC UA methods over LabVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,359 Views)

Hello to all,

i used a workaround. I created a OPCua client and use the event subscribtion. In the  event structure the method will be placed.

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/376230B-01/opcuatool/using_opcua_clnt/

Hope this helps a little bit.

best regards
Alexander
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,353 Views)

@Duffy2007

Did I understand that right, that you first create an Event Subscription and then add the methode to the Monitored Event Nodes? The methode will create an event if it's executable? 

And how you call the methode? With the Respond Acknowledgeable Condition VI?

regards,
Dominik

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,335 Views)

Hello DominikZ,

Yes you are right i created a dummy client for this and i used this architecture and placed the method in the event structure.

Screenshot 2020-09-10 213833.png

You have to change the subcription time. I set it too 2ms for checking the change.

best regards
Alexander
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,316 Views)

Thanks a lot.

But did you use the the Respond Acknowledgeable Condition or the Enable Condition to respond (call) the method?

And if you use the Respond Acknowledgeable Condition what do you have to send as a request method? Confirm or Acknowledge

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,296 Views)

Hello DominikZ.

sorry i did not used this functions, because i want an event based solution.

best regards
Alexander
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,286 Views)