cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Numeric Value Change while typing

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

In String Control I can enable 'Update while typing' option so that String 'Value change event' will be captured for every string input.

Similarly can I do for numeric? I need to capture Numeric value change immediately if I change any values in that control? 
Is it possible?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,153 Views)

No, that's not possible for a numeric control.

A workaround might be this:

grafik.png

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,141 Views)

I do not know of any simple ways.  You could use the Key Down event and and use the Numeric Text->Text property to figure out your updated value and write to the control.  It is a hack, but it does seem to work, at least in LabVIEW 2016.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 3 of 8
(4,134 Views)

Two people, same idea. Smiley Happy

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,132 Views)

Of course. Keydown will capture that but it applicable to all keys. But how can I check whether there is any value change in that numeric control?
I.e., Even I press Arrow keys it will be captured.. So, I need to use filter [To check number?] and depending on it I should decide whether to discard that even or not.

Is there any other solution?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,112 Views)

You could use the "Key Down?" event and read out the NumText.Text in that case. It will capture the text before the key-press-event. Then compare that with the "value" from the event "Key Up".

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,108 Views)

Thanks. 
But I need to handle for more than 10 numeric, That's why problem!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,105 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author PadmanabanJ

Why is that a problem? You can define the same event for more than one control. In addition to reading the NumText.text property you than probably also have to evaluate the property "Label.Text" in order to distinguish between the different numeric controls.

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,103 Views)