LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Numeric Operations with transfer functions

thats a problem, i dont have the rating system Sir. Once i get that will surely rate your replies which were of great help to me. thank you once again.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 42
(1,014 Views)

Hi Shashank,

Those fellas with >50 replies alone can rate others replies. Smiley Happy

See the link posted by GerdW.

So, start posting more doubts or start answersing others' doubts more often, you ll see those little stars. Smiley Wink

Anyway 5 stars for you from me. Smiley Very Happy

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 42
(998 Views)
thanks for the idea. thats the whole idea. i wil keep replying atleast so that i can touch  50 asap Smiley Very Happy
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 42
(996 Views)
not atleast, at most. Smiley Wink
- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 42
(990 Views)
Going back to the discussion, to multiply a signal by a transfer function, you just need to feed the signal to the "simulated" transfer function, in series. In this case, if you have Control Design, you can create a transfer function, discretize with "convert continuous to discrete" and use the "Transfer Function.vi" on the Implementation VI. Just provide the signal to the function and that should be enough to calculate. Notice that this operation is Point-by-point, i.e., you have to provide only only one point per iteration instead of the whole signal. If you have the whole signal, you could "CD Linear Simulation.vi" and provide the whole input signal.

Let me know if that is not sufficient and  I will be happy to help further...
Barp - Control, Simulation, RTT and HIL - National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 42
(984 Views)
thanks a lot. i have tried something. i am attaching it here. can you please check it and tell me that is it the only way to do numerical operations with TF or anything else can also be done?
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 42
(977 Views)

Shank,

I think for your application you should use the Simulation Module 8.2. In this package, you can drop the continuous transfer function, delay, multiply you signal and all the operation that you would expect. If you have an academic license and have it installed, you can find beside the Control Design Toolkit (Control and Simulation Pallette). This would make your code so much simple.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 42
(958 Views)

Sorry, forgot to attach the example...

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 42
(957 Views)
Dear Sir,
       Thanks a lot for all your help. I tried to open the example you gave but it is not opening properly as most or almost all of the files related to SIM are not there. I have the Control design toolkit but in the Control Design and Simulation pallette only Control Design is showing , I think is it because of this? Also can you help me with it, to figure out what the problem is.

Thank you once again,
Shashank.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 42
(945 Views)

If Simulation Pallette is not there, you won't be able to open the file.

Now, let me ask you that. Are you an academic user or industry user? In general, if you are academic, you should have access this Module contacting your System Administrator since both products are part of your Academic License. If you are Industrial, maybe your company just have the CDT, but, in general, you should have the Developer Suite with Control Design and Simulation Option and again, you should have access to those products. I think you would be much better if you can install the Simulation Module instead of trying to use Control Design for on-the-fly Simulation of Dynamic systems. However, if you really can't have access to Simulation, I think we could make the Control Design toolkit to do your simulation, but it is much more difficult and it not as elegant. Let me know if you can install or not Simulation and go from there.

Another piece of information: In LabVIEW 8.2 we had Control Design Toolkit 2.1.2 and the Simulation Module 8.2 as two separate products. In LabVIEW 8.5, we joint the products to improve customer experience creating the "Control Design and Simulation Module 8.5". So, if you were thinking about upgrade to LabVIEW 8.5, maybe now would be a good time. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 42
(934 Views)