LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I programmatically change the VI Search Path?

I'm writing a simple program to periodically mass compile certain directories of my source code.  In my directory structure I try to enforce rules about what is allowed to depend on what, so I want to programatically enforce this during the mass compile.   To do this, I'd need to modify the VI search path before each directory is compiled.  Is there any property or method available for changing the VI Search Path?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,559 Views)
There is, but it's a private property, so it's not documented, and its behavior and/or availability can change with subsequent releases of LabVIEW:

Message Edited by smercurio_fc on 10-24-2007 05:24 PM

Message 2 of 5
(3,553 Views)

@smercurio_fc wrote:
There is, but it's a private property,

Can you tell me the INI settings to be included to show up the private properties & methods ?
- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,532 Views)
SuperSecretPrivateSpecialStuff=True

I think this is the part where I'm supposed to say that any damage caused by messing with private properties/methods is entirely due to the programmer, and not National Instruments, or something to that effect. Smiley Wink
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,515 Views)
Thanks smercurio_fp.   That's exactly what I needed.  I haven't used supersecret stuff since LV 7.1 and I avoid including any of it in delivered software, but since this is just for a development tool I'm definitely going to take advantage of it again.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,508 Views)