From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of cycles?

Dear  

exactly I try to find both of them VI execution time and wire so trigger VI 2, indeed the wire should have time to trigger VI 2!

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 29
(901 Views)

Dear Aziroazide

Is it possible some samples?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 29
(899 Views)

@Zourvan wrote:

exactly I try to find both of them VI execution time and wire so trigger VI 2, indeed the wire should have time to trigger VI 2!

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean here. Did you look at my linked presentation and examples?

As I said, the wire just defines a data dependency, meaning VI2 cannot start until VI1 has completed. It is up to the compiler and scheduler to decide what happens after VI1 has executed and before VI2 starts, depending on what other parallel parts of your code also want to run. If your CPU has multiple cores, several things can even happen at the same time if they don't depend on each other.

Again, what are your performance requirements and concerns. Do you want to define an exact time between the two subVIs or do you just want to measure the elapsed time? Is it currently too slow? All moderns CPUs have multiple cores, several cache levels, (hyperthreading), and other advanced internal architectures that make it impossible to boil some random code down to an exact number of clock cycles. Also, don't forget that your PC also runs several hundred of other processes at the same time. Once you go to a Realtime OS, things become a bit more deterministic.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 29
(882 Views)

Dear   

Excuse me for late.

OK, Let made it easier, I want just measuring the runtime of "Vi 1", In labview is possible?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 29
(852 Views)

image.pngBasically you want something like this.  

This is using the Flat Sequence Structure and the High Resolution Relative Seconds.vi

---------------------
Patrick Allen: FunctionalityUnlimited.ca
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 29
(833 Views)

Dear pallen

Thank you for your answer.

but it's so bad, In visual Studio, and Intel Parallel Studio it done easy way.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 29
(810 Views)

@Zourvan wrote:

but it's so bad, 

You are kidding. Right? If you consider this "bad", you should not even be programming.

(most of my speed critical subVIs measure their own time and report it on an output.)

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 29
(806 Views)

@Zourvan wrote:

Dear pallen

Thank you for your answer.

but it's so bad, In visual Studio, and Intel Parallel Studio it done easy way.

I have no idea what this studio is, but maybe you're looking for the VI profiler under Tools -> Profile -> Performance and Memory. Though that was not what you asked for in your original post.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 29
(798 Views)

It only takes a few moments to create this "wrapper" code around any LabVIEW VI.  

VI Execution Time 2.gif

---------------------
Patrick Allen: FunctionalityUnlimited.ca
Message 19 of 29
(788 Views)

Dear  

I work on Motion controller on EtherCAT and I need Calibration my process for "sync Message".
I need to measure real time and calibrated my code, it's not a game or test program.
you are Knight of NI, help me and let's know how can I calibrate my output (ready my output at fixed time).

Do you know about it?

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 29
(778 Views)