From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nucleo-F303RE Interfaced with LabVIEW

Hi,

Good day!

I am proposing a project that needs communication between the LabVIEW and Nucleo-F303RE board. I want that LabVIEW will send data to the nucleo board and then the nucleo will have to do something with the received data (say, for example, when the data is received, a LED is turned on). Anyone knows how can I proceed with this? Should I be using the NI VISA  VI for this? If someone happens to have worked with this with LabVIEW 2016 and later, can you share your code for both the f303RE and LabVIEW if it is okay? Thank you very much.

Message 1 of 5
(2,141 Views)

So no one answered your question, huh? That sucks... I have the same question, different Nucleo... 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,833 Views)

Hi Ryan,

the Nucleo board seems very similar to an Arduino, and also offers a virtual COM port. Use VISA functions to communicate from LabVIEW/PC to Nucleo...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 3 of 5
(1,828 Views)

I have a similar question.

I am using a STM 32 Nucleo L467RG and I would like to pass data back and forth between them. I would like a virtual button on LabView to trigger the STM32 to perform an action. Then I would like the STM32 to report back what it has done. I would like to do this in a similar way as SPI, UART, or I2C is done. Code will be written and uploaded to the STM32 and LabView will not alter this code - just interface with the IO. 

Any Suggestions? I've heard about VISA, but in the few minutes of reading on it I'm still not sure this will fulfill the task. Is extra HW required? The USB-8452 is very expensive... If there was a way to do it via the onboard USB (STLINK, FTDI, USB OTG) that would be ideal. 

Best, 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,826 Views)

Hi Ryan,

Arduino brings a VCP (virtual COM port), and I guess the Nucleo brings it too.

Use that!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,816 Views)