cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not enough memory for requested operation PROBLEM

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have a memory problem when I try to show my images on the screen. I have 4 folders and in two of them there is a hundred thousand pictures. In the others there is four hundred thousand pictures. And each picture is nearly 230kb.

In my program I want to show 4 pictures on the screen. I read the files and show them on the screen. But after 500 pictures shown I'll get this error "IMAQ ReadFile  Not enough memory for requested operation."

But after I show the image I dispose it. how could I solve this problem?program2.jpg

program.jpg

Yasemin Barutçu
Electrical And Electronics Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,415 Views)

Hello,

Can you upload you code (or a screen-shot of it), you probably made a mistake in the way you allocate memory for the images you display, but it's hard to spot the problem with out the code.

Basically you only need to allocate 4 images buffer (because you only display 4 images at the same time) and re-use these 4 allocated images to display any image file you want.

Hope this helps

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,411 Views)

I uploaded the code..  I hope we'll find the way it works.

Yasemin Barutçu
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,399 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author No_RegreTs

Indeed, your application in a bit hard to read but mostly because you block diagram is so big, appart from that it's quite readable, obviously you had problem to stop your application ;).

But back to your question about memory error :

One thing I thnik you misunderstood is the usage of "IMAQ create"

imaq create.jpg

You should use it only 4 times at the beginning of you application to create 4 image buffers that will allow you to display 4 different images in your 4 image display controls on the front panel.

The idea is as follows :

app concept.jpg

I hope my explanations are clear enough to help you and that you can modify you application and get it to work fine.

If you have more question, feel free to ask.

Hope this helps.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

Message 4 of 6
(4,393 Views)

Oh now I see. That fix the problem.

Now I'm gonna try it all for images. 

Thank you very much.

Yasemin Barutçu
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,366 Views)

Glad it helps, by the way I've put a little example together (it's based on JKI State Machine, so you need to install a few packages with VIPM to use it).

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,363 Views)