cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to add cRIO 9056 in LABVIEW NXG 5.0

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I’m trying to add a cRIO 9056 hardware in LABVIEW NXG 5.0 for data acquisition. I can see the hardware in NI device monitor and NI MAX. But I’m not able to see it in SystemDesigner view of NXG.

When I try to add the hardware using + symbol in SystemDesigner, I’m getting a prompt ‘’ you must set up NI linux real time targets in NI max before adding to SystemDesigner’’. But I have already setup real time programming mode for my c series modules inside NI MAX.

I have installed following softwares with correct versions and in the correct order as mentioned in getting started guide.

LabVIEW NXG 5.0

NXG RT 5.0

NXG FPGA 5.0

CompactRIO 20.0 drivers, NI-VISA 20.0, NI-Serial 20.0

NIDAQmx 20.0

I have tried repairing, and reinstalling this softwares again and again, still same problem persist. Is there anything missing which needs to be done please let me know. I will really appreciate your help.

Thank You!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,303 Views)

Unfortunately the cRIO-9056 isn't supported under NXG, according to the manual: https://www.ni.com/documentation/en/labview-rt-module/5.0/supported-hardware/compactrio-controllers/

It seems like a strange omission, given all other cRIO-905x models are supported. Hopefully it gets support in an upcoming release. It looks like LabVIEW 2020 + RT is needed to program this model of cRIO.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Unless otherwise stated, all code snippets and examples provided
by me are "as is", and are free to use and modify without attribution.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,264 Views)

Hello,

But according to this link, all the cRIO 905x are supported by NXG 5.0 RT. This also includes the crio 9056, 9057, 9058 etc.

https://www.ni.com/en-us/support/documentation/compatibility/09/software-support-for-compactrio--com...

I'm attaching some screenshot showing the supported software for CRIO 9056, 9057, 9058. Do you have any idea why this discrepancy?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,252 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author adi21

I'm not sure why the discrepancy exists, or which one is correct. Might need to wait for someone from NI to chime in.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Unless otherwise stated, all code snippets and examples provided
by me are "as is", and are free to use and modify without attribution.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,243 Views)