From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to access Network Shared Variable when deployed in PC

Initially, when we deploy a Network Published Shared Variable in PC and try to access the same (Read/Write) from RT, we get an error/warning "-1950679023". But when we access the same variable from the PC, it works fine. In the distributed system manager, we can see the variable getting deployed. Also the value changes in Distributed System Manager if we write a value from PC. The attached image "Shared variable Issue.png" will give more understanding of this issue. 

The other way round it works fine i.e deploying in RT side and accessing from both RT and PC is working fine. 

We also see that the network adapter settings is not loading properly in MAX, if at all we install any software in RT. With no software installed, it loads properly. 

The following were the steps that we tried to solve the issue. 

1.Flushing the entire NI software and Re- installing again 
2.Formatting the RT(PXI). 
3.Removing the EtherCAT Card and testing. 
4.Checked the network properties of the RT network. 
5.Checked the IP/Subnet/Gateway settings. 
6.Checked Firewall Settings, If Shared Variable Engine is accessible.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,767 Views)

Have you checked reading the variable using Shared Variable API's instead of shared variable node. It looks like for some reason SVE is not able publish the variable data to RT.

What is the LabVIEW and RT versions are used?

Check this URL helps

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Shared-Variable-Error-1950679023-in-LabVIEW-8-6-1/td-p/860889/page/3

Regards,

Vijay.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,752 Views)

VIjay_J Thanks for responding to the post Vijay. I am using LV13. Now I am going to try updating all the products that I have installed using NI Updater Servic. I believe that is going to solve the problem. Kindly suggest on this.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,749 Views)

First Root cause needs to be identified before any actions.

I would suggest first check if you can access the shared variable hosted in PC from RT using other ways like using SVE API (Logos and PS protocols, Datasocket etc..)

Check if antivirus or firewall is playing...

Check the same experiment with some other PC if you can.

You can also try creating another Shared Variable in RT and binding the same to the PC and try to access it...

Since you have did all the reinstallations already

Best Regards,

Vijay.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,744 Views)

Okay.. In  forgot to mention that I have already tried using SVE API. But I get a different error "-1950679034" .  And I when I started the post, I did already mention that, "The other way round it works fine i.e deploying in RT side and accessing from both RT and PC is working fine. "

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,738 Views)

What it means is that SVE in RT can send/publish the data but other way is not happening. Did you open all the ports required for SVE to communicate in your PC.

Disable firewall and antivirus or give exceptions of ports required by SVE and let us know your observation.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,724 Views)

Oh.. Now I am getting a clue.. Is it possible for you to help me out in "opening all the ports?" Could you please get the screenshots or walk me through?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,721 Views)

@Naveensoliton wrote:

Oh.. Now I am getting a clue.. Is it possible for you to help me out in "opening all the ports?" Could you please get the screenshots or walk me through?

This should help

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361G-01/lvhowto/psp_firewall/

Message 8 of 8
(2,693 Views)