LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noise in strain gauge measurement using NI 9237

Hi,

I am using NI 9237 to measurement the strain. But I recently found there is a huge noise in the data. It sometimes has the noise but sometimes doesn't. I attached one of the data I collected. There is no force applied on the item where I attached strain gauges. Can anyone help me to figure it out? Thank you so much.

zkbread_0-1642108160546.png

zkbread_1-1642108218572.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(746 Views)

Hi zkbread,

@zkbread wrote:

I am using NI 9237 to measurement the strain. But I recently found there is a huge noise in the data. It sometimes has the noise but sometimes doesn't. I attached one of the data I collected. There is no force applied on the item where I attached strain gauges. Can anyone help me to figure it out?

Well, we don't know anything about your hardware setup nor do we know about your lab environment...

Two generic suggestions for your generic question:

1. Try to reduce noise before measurement, like using (better) shielding, improving grounding issue, and so on.
  2. Try to use filters on your measurement data...

You should prefer the first option!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(718 Views)

Don't have a computer running next to your test setup (or any fans). If there are any nearby vibrations, remove the source, or better isolate your setup from them.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(713 Views)

You might also try looking closely at that noise (with FFT or SINAD) and see if there is any frequency component(s) that could be a clue to its source(s).

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(687 Views)