LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Signals Generated

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to find the flow rate using a turbine flow meter which is connected to the CompactRio, after running the code i'm not getting any signal output. 

I'm also attaching the code with it.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,164 Views)

hi there!

first off .. you didn't attach code, you attached a picture of code.

use a queue to transfer info between the two loops (or something equivalent, have a look at producer-consumer design pattern)

and regarding your problem, did you make sure, you get values in "NI Distributed System Manager"?

If Tetris has taught me anything, it's errors pile up and accomplishments disappear.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,162 Views)

Hi,

When I use the same code for finding the temperature using thermocouple it works fine.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,156 Views)

since you use a network shared variable already, why do you need to stuff the data into another one? you could just read the first. depending on the settings, you get the same value anyways.

and did you verify you get values from this specific data source via the distributed systems manager?

If Tetris has taught me anything, it's errors pile up and accomplishments disappear.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,144 Views)

The code I've written was on the NI tutorial and i followed the same trend it was also to record the data into a TDMS file and yes, I did check it on Ni distributed system manager I do get the same values. Could it be something wrong with the wiring connections itself when wiring the flow meter to the compactRio?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,139 Views)

what do you mean you get the same values ... the same as in none?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,132 Views)

i've attached the picture, that's what I get.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,130 Views)

and these values for every channel. Find the attached picture

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,128 Views)

i am guessing, but i think your timed loop configuration messes with your data.

to test this, create a new vi with a simple loop and a "wait miliseconds" of 100 and your shared variable in it, and see if you get values.

if so, you have to change the timed loop settings to, i suppose, to higher values

regards

EDIT: added missing word

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,121 Views)

No, it's not working. This is what i always get.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,115 Views)