cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Autoscale with hidden waveform Graph

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have a problem with the scales of a waveform graph. Attached is a VI that illustrates that problem.

The graph is placed on a Tab- Control, so sometimes it is visible, sometimes not.
I feed the waveform graph with datasets of different lengths and amplitudes. For certain reasons I have Autoscale switched off. But after feeding the Graph with new data, via property node I want the graph to autoscale once, then I read the scales to do some calculations. If the graph is visible, everything is fine, but if the Tab- Control hides the graph, the scales are not autoscaled.
What would be the trick to autoscale the graph when it is hidden?

Greets, Dave

Greets, Dave
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,530 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author daveTW

From the LabVIEW Help:

Note  LabVIEW does not include hidden plots when you autoscale the axes of a graph or chart. If you want to include the hidden plots when you autoscale, make the hidden plots transparent instead. Right-click the plot legend and select Color from the shortcut menu to change the color of plots.

The above presumably applies to graphs that are not visible as well, though it's not stated explicitly.

You could, as an alternative:

• Autoscale once that tab page is made visible.
  • Have another graph in a far-off section of the front panel. This is set to visible, but because of the window size, it's not in the frame. You can then copy the scales from this graphs onto the graph that's on the tab page.
Message 2 of 3
(2,524 Views)

This explanation seems reasonable to me, though I don't think it should be that way. Perhaps it's for performance reasons.

I will store in a boolean, whether the graph was autoscaled already (which is true if the Tab pane is visible) and do it later, when switched to that pane.

Thank you,

Greets, Dave
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,508 Views)