From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ni XNET Lin Slave Response example?

Solved!
Go to solution

Trying to implement a LIN slave in Ni XNET without success. The examples are there for read and write full frames but I need to answer a request from a master (the master to transmit only the ID and the payload by the slave implemented in Ni XNET).

Are there any examples somewhere? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,920 Views)

Are you referring to the examples given by Using LIN - NI-XNET Help ?

That help page links a specific VI to set the transmission schedule for the LIN slave. It sounds like maybe what you want is for LabVIEW to transmit a payload (as a slave) when an ID is transmitted by some other master device? Is that right?

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,830 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author barni_x

Yes that was exactly I needed - Labview to transmit payload as slave - in theory setting the session as slave and not setting a schedule would do exactly this.

Managed to do it main time - it was a bad documentation with a bad LIN ID - that was why Labview did not recognize the ID and did not responded.

Would really help if the Bus Monitor would return every message (even if it's and ID without response) - I had to look with a scope to find out what is wrong.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,812 Views)

Glad it seems to be worked out. You should mark your answer as the solution if your problem is solved so that the thread is marked solved.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,809 Views)

Hi,

I am also trying to do the exact same thing, but i am not able to. In my case I am using NI 8510, I have to set LabVIEW as Slave and ECU(that i am testing is the master). I have to respond to one of its IDs with the payload. Would you please share details of how you were able to achieve it?

Thank you for your response in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,275 Views)