LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network device creation in MAX from LabVIEW

Hello,

I have a device which is able to communicate on ethernet, in order to communicate with it quickly I configured it in MAX as a network device, so I got a socket through which I can communicate with it successfully.

Now the problem is, while configuration in MAX I have to specify the IP address and port number manually, is there any way to do this all configuration from LABVIEW programatically? including creation of network device.......quick help will be appreciated with KUDOSSmiley Wink

With Regards

Miraz
Kudos is better option to thank somebody on this forum
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,028 Views)

My guess (for this particular example) is the answer is No.  Some devices, such as NI's PXI controllers, can be "found" by doing a Find Systems (from the RT Palette), which knows how to find PXI and cRIO systems (not sure quite how this works, but probably involves broadcasting something to all possible IPs and see if anyone responds -- it certainly takes multiple seconds to find a PXI controller).

If you think you have only a single device and in a limited address space, you could try to do a Ping and see if you get a response, but this will also be slow and probably painful (particularly if there are multiple devices).

Consider writing a Configuration.cfg text file with Key/Value pairs that you write once to configure things, then read at run-time to actually "do" the configuration.  You can write a utility that walks the user through setting up the file, perhaps even doing a little test of the data to be sure it reaches the device in question before writing the values to disk.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,998 Views)