cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Stream writer data type mismatch

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm trying to send data through a Network Streamer from my cRIO RT moule to my PC host. I defined the data type (2D array) of my writer at the beginning, but when I try to write to it, it requires data with higher dimensions (3D array).

This happens also if I define the data type with different dimensions, it will require one more dimension all the time.

What could be the problem? Do I have to configure something differently? Or is it not advisable to stream an array and I should use a different data representation?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,501 Views)

You're wrong. Actually the opposite: not a function requires 3D, but you are trying to write 3D there.

arrays.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,461 Views)

I think something is wrong just not sure what.  If you look at the Simple Network Streams example in Help >> Find Examples you'll see that both the sender and receiver have the same number of dimensions.  The one direction sends a scalar cluster, and the other is a 1D array of waveforms.  The other ends where that data is received or written is the same.  I suspect there is a problem with the Create Endpoint or its session not making it to the writer properly.  This session data type is what defines what the data type of the Data In terminal is and what it can accept.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,453 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bszabo

@bszabo wrote:

This happens also if I define the data type with different dimensions, it will require one more dimension all the time.

That is exactly correct because you are using the Write Multiple Elements to Stream function.  It expects an array of whatever you state the data type is.  If the data type is already an array, it will expect 1 more dimension to the array.  Instead, use the Write Single Element to Stream function.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 4
(2,452 Views)