LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.Net Picture Box as Frontpanel Window Background?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Folks,

I would like to have a .Net picture Box as front panel window background. But if I put an control onto the picture box it disappears behind the picture box and isn't therefore accessible anymore.

I already tried to move it to the background and to move controls explicitely in the foreground.

I would prefer to use this type of control, not only because it has an automatic scaling function. I am using LV 2018 SP1 for this project.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,110 Views)

Answer is here.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 2 of 6
(2,077 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mthimm

If the idea is to get a picture as background, there's a property node for that, which'd save you the hassle. 🙂

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
Message 3 of 6
(2,073 Views)

Or if you want the auso-scaling, then load the picture data from the .NTE-control into a 2d-control after it is scaled (I think that was one of the solutions on the link I gave).

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 4 of 6
(2,071 Views)

If this picture is supposed to be static you don't even need a property node, just r-click the scrollbar and select "Import picture as background".

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
Message 5 of 6
(2,050 Views)

Thanks a lot, usually I want to use the .net picture box because it has features for nearly every use case. To put it as vi background image is absolutely sufficient for me, since it scales with the pane if the mode is set to "stretch" and the pane scales while resizing.

Your solution is much easier than I thought it could be.

Message 6 of 6
(2,029 Views)