LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need previous labview 2018 because of softmotion

Hello, 

I have an educational license with serialnumber. For my Projekt I need soft motion tool and it is only available with labview 2018, but I just can't figure it out how I can download labview 2018. I try to download it through ni.com/de-de/support/downloads/software-products/download.software-platform-bundle.html#306397 but it doesn't work

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,205 Views)

Unless your university has a SSP with National Instrument, NI will not let you download previous versions of LabVIEW even though you have a license for that version.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,190 Views)

So are there any possibility for me to use softmotion tool? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,186 Views)

I don't know anything about the SoftMotion Tool.

Sorry.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,176 Views)

You didn't specify what version of LabVIEW you are currently using, so I will assume it is something older than 2018. One option is to contact SoftMotion company and ask if they have drivers in an older version of LV.
Another option would be to ask someone to save the 2018 version you have as an older version. (again, you have not stated the version you are using)

---------------------------------------------
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD)
There are two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,167 Views)

I have LabVIEW 2019.

NI says at support page:

There is no LabVIEW 2019 SoftMotion Module or NI-Motion 19 driver.
If you require the LabVIEW SoftMotion Module for your application, please use LabVIEW 2018 SoftMotion Module with LabVIEW 2018. which was the last version released.
If you require the NI-Motion driver for your application, please use NI-Motion 18.0  with LabVIEW 2018. 

So i need 2018 version to use softmotion.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,164 Views)

I am not aware of any limitation that would prevent you from opening LV2018 vis in LV2019. Have you actually tried opening them? Do you receive an error?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,157 Views)

I dont have to open any VIs..I ahve to create ones and i am gonna to use stepper motor from NI..thats why i want to use softmotion tool.. But i ahve only 2019 LV version where i cannot use Softmotion. Unfortenately i cannot download 2018 LV version.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,153 Views)

I was not aware that "SoftMotion" was an NI product. It looks like some kind of real-time environment add-on package for LabVIEW.

The educational version of LabVIEW might have different restrictions, but generally, older versions should still work. For instance, I have no problems downloading the install package from www.ni.com/downloads (then click NI SW products -> LabVIEW -> Version = 2018 SP1)

Sorry I cannot help any more than that.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,151 Views)

The Original Poster is exactly right -- when LabVIEW 2019 was announced, NI also said that their Product, NI SoftMotion, had reached "end-of-life" and no NI SoftMotion 2019 would be available.  Their solution, as noted here, was to use LabVIEW 2018 along with the NI SoftMotion 2018 Toolkit.

I would get in touch the NI, explain that you are using NI SoftMotion 2018, have a license for LabVIEW 2019, and ask their advice on how to obtain LabVIEW 2018 for the purpose of running NI SoftMotion.  I'm hoping they will be forthcoming and help you obtain a download and license for LabVIEW 2018.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,140 Views)