From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help, drag and drop files in path control, dropping location somewhere randomized

Hi all,

I fight since quite some time with a quite fancy Labview Error and I hope you guys found a workaround for that.

I have a path control on my top front panel, drag and drop enabled and an event loop is waiting for the user to drop a file in that path control. At the beginning, everything worked fine. But after some time, I don't get that dashed line around my path control anymore when I want to drop a file into the control. While holding the file with the mouse and moving over the front panel, somewhere randomized this dash lined box apears. Funny thing, you can let go the file there and everything works as it should. Did anybody experienced the same funny thing and what is your work around? My problem is, that I can do what I want, I don't get the actual path control and the dashed line box to drop the file together/in one control anymore. The only way is to create a new VI, but that one is hugh 😞

Oh, I use LV2016 on Mac.

Thanks for help volks! Urs

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,208 Views)

Can you please upload fancy VI?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,191 Views)

Hi,

I believe it has something to do with the vi itself. Therefore I made a copy of the main vi and deleted all code behind it. I still have that fancy behavior of the dropping, check the screen recording I made.

Thanks for help.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,180 Views)

I'm sorry, the drag and drop seems to work normally for me!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,147 Views)

But u saw in the video what ai meant, right? Any ideas what could cause the problem?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,136 Views)