From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help with 3D scan

I'm  a  newer with LabView.   We want to actualize about 3D scan by USB6363 with BNC .  What we need about software to buy except USB6363 board?   Please help me!  Thank you everyone. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(788 Views)

I would not recommend that you purchase this (fairly high end and moderately expensive) NI device if you are not a knowledgable and competent LabVIEW developer.  If you are learning "on your own", expect about a year of work.  If you have a few years of computing experience (Matlab, C++, even Fortran) and have access to a LabVIEW "guru" who can take you on as an apprentice, you might be ready in 4-6 months of hard work.

If you really want to purchase this device, first find the LabVIEW developer who will write the code for you, explain what you want to do, and let them decide if the USB 6363 is an appropriate peripheral for your task.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(765 Views)

Disregard this reply -- accidentally double-posted.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(764 Views)

@coffe1104 wrote:

What we need about software to buy except USB6363 board? 

LabVIEW.

Also, access to all the courses, if you want to DIY it. If not, all the help you can afford.

I'm sure this hardware can make 3D scans with just software. You won't need much besides LabVIEW and experience with LabVIEW.

Some additions might help (like analysis toolkits), but there's not enough information to advice on that.

Just programming a 3D scan wouldn't be too hard if you know what you're doing. An unexperienced LabVIEW programmer might even succeed at that given enough time and help form this forum.

The problem is that it never is "just a scan". You'd probably want 3D visualization, storage, reporting, play back, lots of settings dialogs, analysis, a nice GUI. Etc.. Adding all of that would make it a advanced to very advanced project. I know, I've been working on 3D scans for 5 years... And no, I can't share 😁 (although plenty of parts are shared, none relate to 3D scanning).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(737 Views)

I think a lot more detail is needed here.

What does "scanning" mean in your application?

What are you 3D "scanning"?

What will you use to "scan" with?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(726 Views)