LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

National Instruments releases LabVIEW Report Generation Toolkit for Microsoft Office.

The new LabVIEW Report Generation Toolkit for Microsoft Office is a library of flexible, easy-to-use tools for programmatically creating and editing Microsoft Word and Excel reports from LabVIEW. Whether you need to generate reports summarizing manufacturing test results or compile process statistics to improve your production yields, this toolkit speeds your development of customized, professional reports.

To see examples of this toolkit or get more information please visit :
http://www.ni.com/labview/report_gen_toolkit.htm
Eric Reffett | Director, Product Management | 1.512.683.8165 | ni.com
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,778 Views)
YEAH!!! This toolkit is REALLY something. It takes all of the pain out of doing active X because it does it all for you..
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,778 Views)
It is a bit limiting though. I built my own set of VI's, a toolkit if you will, that does some of what this tookit does. But, I also wrote some functionality that isn't available in NI's kit, such as creating charts as separate worksheets and linking the charts to data on another worksheet. All in all, the toolkit is great, but you can't get as much out of it as you can using the ActiveX calls yourself.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,778 Views)
As allways, NI develops good tools leaving behind those who can't upgrade to new versions of LabVIEW, in my case, i can't upgrade to LV 6, so i can't have the new report generation toolkit for Microsoft Office. This is as annoying as the fact that i can't load LV 6 vi's in LV 5 (i know new functions are added, but at least some parts could be viewed or used).
Insted of that... I love LabVIEW!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,778 Views)