From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXT linear actuator

I have a L12-NXT-100 firgelli linear actuator that i want to control with labview. I am trying to attach the actuator to a NXT lego mindstorm brick and I am hoping the actuator will move the brick up and down. The example files that I downloaded from firgelli's website, uses ctl files (FeedbackIndicator.ctl , LiveSensor.Output.ctl , LiveSensor.OutputProtocol.ctl  and so on) which I could not find in labview NXT toolkit. I dont have the NXT software and my code is in Labview. Is there any other way I can add linear actuator to my labview code and control it? Do I need these ctl files? where can I find them?

Attached file is downloaded from firgelli's website.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,614 Views)

It looks like they forgot to include the typedefs in the distribution. Try right clicking on each of the controls and selecting "Disconnect from typedef". You can then right click the control and choose "Make Typedef", then open the resulting typedef and save them in the appropriate location.

Charles Chickering
Architecture is art with rules.

...and the rules are more like guidelines
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,611 Views)

Thank you so much for the reply. That was very helpful. I was able to make def for all the ctl files. But now it's asking for sub vi's like LiveSensor.AccessOutputPort.vi. where can I download this? Is it a different labview toolkit that i need to download to get this vi? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,604 Views)

Another sub vi it is looking for is SetBlockParamValue.vi

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,602 Views)