LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXG-style controls sizing/positioning glitches

I noticed 2 sizing/positioning issues with the NXG-style controls that have increment/decrement buttons such as the Text Ring, Enum and Numeric controls. I think both problems are linked, which is why I put them in a single topic.

1. Unwanted box resizing when showing/hiding the increment/decrement buttons

Show Hide Buttons.gif

When toggling the increment/decrement buttons visibility manually or programmatically, the white entry box is also resized. This messes up control alignment and is not consistent with controls from other styles.

I don't see why someone would want that behavior. When I set the property "Increment/Decrement Visible?" to false, I expect it to hide the buttons, not resize the box. If I wanted to resize the box, I would use the "Width" property. Notice that the Picture Ring behaves correctly, which is why I think this behaviour with the enum/ring/numeric is not expected…

2. Bad update from type definitions

NXG-style enum/ring/numeric controls can also have sizing/positioning glitches when updated from a type definition. It appears when the control in the typedef has visible increment/decrement buttons and the linked control has not, and vice-versa.

Here is an example with enum and numeric typedefs both with and without the buttons:

Before typedef updates:

raphschru_6-1677606075210.png

After typedef updates:

raphschru_9-1677606254783.png

Attached is a project with VIs that reproduce the problems.

For the second one, I've created a script that simulates a typedef update, so you can easily observe the glitches and reset the controls to their original states.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(431 Views)