LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXG and DAQmx analog inputs

Hello:

I am using NXG witih DAQmx and have relatively simple question but can't seem to find verification in the documentation for the use of the Analog input vi's.

I have a DAQ 6323 that is wired to two 68A breakout boxes.  I am doing anything but running the analog (voltage) signals directly in the 68A.

The question I have is even though they are all voltages, they represent 'other' types of signals, namely temperature and current values.

I know how the temperatures are being generated (1 using a 100uA current source) and the other through a voltage bias circuit.  I know both of the thermistors A/B/C coefficients and can map that into the voltage outputs that are being driven into the 68A.  Same thing with the current.

Another issue is that my voltages are either NSRE or differential so to use the appropriate vi's (thermistor or current) I will need to set the input config property to the correct input as well.  Seems like the NXG versions don't make this available.

My question is: shouldn't I be able to use the thermistor and current vi's to 'map' the measured voltage directly into temperature or current?

Something along the lines of the attached vi. Case 0 is my attempt to understand the above, while the other cases are simple voltage outputs (that I then have to later massage to give me the proper output values.)

Any clarification of my understanding would be appreciated.

Grant

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(641 Views)