LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXG 2.0 Classes Issue

So have a coworker that decided to create a simple project in NXG, That prompted me to mess around in the enviroment.  I have a LabVIEW Class I created for logging data that has been very useful, I thought it was not too complex, so I tried to convert it to NXG. 

Well the conversion went well, I fixed a couple small issues after the port. Then added it to my program. That is where I found a couple issues:

1) in trying to run some of the Class VIs to test, I get, Vi has an error of type 22a8 (also 2208). says I need Full Development version to fix the errors. My license on my machine shows (Professional version). 

2) Another error States I am missing  G Type, says to make sure the G type is included int he Library or is exported.. 

Not sure what to try next on either problems.. Thoughts? other than to tell the coworker to use LV2017.. 

Thanks

Jeff D.

Certified Architect LabVIEW Champion DQMH Framework

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,790 Views)
Spoiler

When the VIs converted, did they convert to code or did they have interop assemblies in them?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,754 Views)

All code, no interop assemblies

When you first open the VI the run arrow is good, click run, it breaks and those errors appear, depending on the VI opened

Jeff D.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,716 Views)

I looked into the first issue you mentioned, and it's a known issue in NXG. The CAR number is 682312. You're better off using LabVIEW 2017 in that case. You can definitely look at the readme for future versions of NXG to see if it's fixed by searching for that CAR number in it.

For the second issue, could you give some more information about it? (screenshots, error code, etc)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,686 Views)

I could get screen shots, but it is a second issue and maybe will fix when the other is fixed.. so for now, I will not worry about it.. We made something work for the needs of this simple project, if the Class would have worked it would have been great but not a project killer that it doesn't

As for 2017 vs NXG, I still use 2017 daily. NXG is my playground, been great to help out a co worker in NXG, I am learning things as I go too..

Jeff D.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,603 Views)