LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI7830R

Hey ...This is Manick... i just want to know how to mapped SCB68 with NI730R DAQ card..... is thier any VI to do this.... any example VI

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(2,598 Views)

alieas,

Your problem statement is unclear. Do you want to know

1) How the DAQ card I/Os are mapped onto SCB68?

2) How to use these I/Os from LabVIEW?

Both these are mutually exclusive topics.

Regards,

Prashanth N
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(2,592 Views)
Spoiler

Actually sir... i had a NI7830R DAQ card and i want to mapped that card with SCB68.... and i have to create a VI to show that these two where accepting the Input and giving the Output.... i want to create a VI....i can use any channels in that board.... suppose i want to produce a continious waveform .... i use the AO channels in NI7830R (MIO) card ,like pin number 55, 54, 53, 52  corresponding AO0, AO1, AO2, AO3 respectively...... now my question is ...in which pin of SCB68 i want to connect the above pins comes from the DAQ card...... there are many examples for SCB68 with some other DAQ cards... but not given for this NI7830R card....

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(2,590 Views)

@alieas wrote:
Spoiler

Actually sir...

>>Please call me Pachi

i had a NI7830R DAQ card and i want to mapped that card with SCB68....

>>Please speciffy if you have a PXI-7830R or PCI-7830R

and i have to create a VI to show that these two where accepting the Input and giving the Output.... i want to create a VI....i can use any channels in that board.... suppose i want to produce a continious waveform .... i use the AO channels in NI7830R (MIO) card ,like pin number 55, 54, 53, 52  corresponding AO0, AO1, AO2, AO3 respectively......

>> I'm assuming you have verified these pin numbers with the SCB-68 datasheet

now my question is ...in which pin of SCB68 i want to connect the above pins comes from the DAQ card...... there are many examples for SCB68 with some other DAQ cards... but not given for this NI7830R card....

>> Your SCB-68 connected block simply extends the I/O pinouts of your card onto a bigger platform so that you can handle wiring and connections in a much easier way. It does not have any functionality. From your programming perspective, just use your I/Os as you would use in the regular sense. And then see the manual to check which pin corresponds to AIO0 and so on..

Prashanth N
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(2,586 Views)

Hope this helps

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/371745c.pdf

Prashanth N
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(2,585 Views)

If none of the above answer your question, post your VI code here.

Prashanth N
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(2,584 Views)

Mr Pachi.... i already reffered that SCB68 Manual.... i am just in confused of how to connect the AO pins of PCI7830R card with SCB 68..... well i will connect the AO pins of DAQ card to the same Pin number in SCB68 (55,54,53,52) well i see whether it will show output..... and i am going to use the VI which i was attached alreay....but if u came to know any example of SCB68 using with PCI-NI7830R ,just let me know....

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(2,582 Views)

Mr Pachi.... i already reffered that SCB68 Manual.... i am just in confused of how to connect the AO pins of PCI7830R card with SCB 68..... well i will connect the AO pins of DAQ card to the same Pin number in SCB68 (55,54,53,52) well i see whether it will show output..... and i am going to use the VI which i was attached alreay....but if u came to know any example of SCB68 using with PCI-NI7830R ,just let me know....

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(2,581 Views)

If you have connected the right pins from the SCB68, then whatever value you write from thr VI should be output at the AO. Check the voltage levels.

Prashanth N
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(2,567 Views)

Hello Sir previously i enquired about the how 7830R mapped with SCB68.... since that prob is not completed... meanwhile i created a VI using DAQmx to mapped this 7830R and SCB68, but laterly i came to know that R series board will not supported by DAQmx....Now My question is... if i want to do this in FPGA (Project Explorer) means how colud  i do that..... i seen some FIFO and DMA examples ... did i wan to try in that manner? i think i am confusing alot for a simple one...

i want to connect a 9 volt battery in SCB 68 (in which pins i want to connect on SCB68???)  , that SCB68 is connected  to PCI7830R which was in PC already , via a cable(SHC68-RMIO) . i want to show the signal out in a graph on the front panel of labview....for this what i want to do?... what are the channels i want to take from card? is thier any tutorial or demo? 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(2,557 Views)