LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI7830R

If I understand right, you just want to connect a 9V battery to SCB-68 and measure the voltage on front panel.

For this, the solution is quite simple.

Hardware: Check your connections (SCB68 to SHC68-RMIO to 7830R). Connect the positive pin of the 9V battery to AO0+ and negative pin to Analog Ground)

Software: Open LabVIEW FPGA. Right click on My Computer. Select Existing devices. It will show the R-series card connected to your PC. Select that and add.

Right click the FPGA target just added in the project window, and choose to add FPGA I/O. Now add AO0 to your project. Drag this I/O item on to your block diagram. Create an indicator or graph out of this I/O node.

Do you need clarification on any of these points?

Regards

Prashanth N
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(405 Views)

Thanks for your reply Sir.... thats it to check the voltage... you said me to connect 9v battery positive to A0+and negatiive to AOGND.... well in 7830r pin number for AO0is 55 and AOGND0 is 21....  so i want to connect 9v battery positive in 55th pin of SCB68 and negative pin to 21st pin of SCB68..right? is that correct....  in the attached JPEG ...PIN refers to SCB68 pins?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(402 Views)

Hi

I seem to have told you to connect it to the AOs by mistake. To read in a value, you have to connect it to the inputs.

So connect battery +ve to AI0+ (pin 68) and battery -ve to AIGND0 (pin 67). 

Regards 

Prashanth N
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(399 Views)

Oh...Ok sir.... suppose i am not connecting 9v battery or any other real world sourse to the SCB card.... but i  just want to show some output in labview front panel (whether it may be acquiring data or analysing or LED  blinking) just to confirm that connector block SCB68  and PCI7830R card are mapped with each other... inorder to prove this how could i want to create a VI? in wich methode i want to create ? i am just learnning labview so if my question seems to be wrong just give me a correct answer ...

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(390 Views)

The method I would use is loopback. Take a wire and loopback the AO to the AI. 

Let's say you connect the AO0 to AI0. Then whatever signal you write to AO will loopback and be read by your AI. So, write a signal to AO0, and then read from AI0 and output this read data onto a graph. The waveforms must match. 

Regards

Prashanth N
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(386 Views)